Fire Publications - office buildings
- Accounting for Emergency Response in Building Evacuation: Modeling Differential Egress Capacity Solutions.
NISTIR 7425; 13 p. April 2007.
Averill, J. D.; Song, W.
- Cook County Administration Building Fire, 69 West Washington, Chicago, Illinois, October 17, 2003: Heat Release Rate Experiments and FDS Simulations.
NIST SP 1021; NIST Special Publication 1021; 489 p. July 2004.
Madrzykowski, D.; Walton, W. D.
- Emergency Procedures for Employees With Disabilities in Office Occupancies.
FA 154; 28 p. June 1995.
Bukowski, R. W.; Juillet, E.
- Emergency Response Operations. Appendices A-I. Federal Building and Fire Safety Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster.
NIST NCSTAR 1-8; 272 p. September 2005.
Lawson, J. R.; Vettori, R. L.
- Evaluating Positive Pressure Ventilation In Large Structures: High-Rise Pressure Experiments.
NISTIR 7412; 73 p. March 2007.
Kerber, S.; Madrzykowski, D.; Stroup, D. W.
- Evaluation of Survey Procedures for Determining Occupant Load Factors in Contemporary Office Buildings.
NIST GCR 96-698; 24 p. September 1996.
Milke, J. A.; Caro, T. C.
- Feasibility and Design Considerations of Emergency Evacuation by Elevators.
NISTIR 4870; 126 p. February 1992.
Klote, J. H.; Alvord, D. M.; Levin, B. M.; Groner, N. E.
- Fire and Smoke Control: An Historical Perspective.
ASHRAE Journal, Vol. 36, No. 7, 46-50, July 1994.
Klote, J. H.
- Fire Growth Analysis of the Fire of March 20, 1990, Pulaski Building, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC.
NISTIR 4489; 51 p. June 1994.
Nelson, H. E.
- Fire Safety Evaluation System for NASA Office/Laboratory Buildings.
NBSIR 86-3404; 36 p. November 1986.
Nelson, H. E.
- Fire Service and Fire Science: A Winning Combination.
NFPA Journal, Vol. 88, No. 2, 55-60, March/April 1994.
Sanders, R. E.; Madrzykowski, D.
- Fire Tests of Single Office Workstations. Federal Building and Fire Safety Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster.
NIST NCSTAR 1-5C; 130 p. September 2005.
Ohlemiller, T. J.; Mulholland, G. W.; Maranghides, A.; Filliben, J. J.; Gann, R. G.
- Human Behavior Aspects of Staging Areas for Fire Safety in GSA Buildings. Final Report.
NIST GCR 92-606; 58 p. April 1992.
Levin, B. M.; Groner, N. E.
- Human Behavior in the World Trade Center Evacuation.
International Association for Fire Safety Science. Fire Safety Science. Proceedings. Fifth (5th) International Symposium. March 3-7, 1997, Melbourne, Australia, Intl. Assoc. for Fire Safety Science, Boston, MA, Hasemi, Y., Editor(s), 713-724 pp, 1997.
Fahy, R. F.; Proulx, G.
- Human Factors Considerations in the Potential for Using Elevators in Building Emergency Evacuation Plans.
NIST GCR 92-615; NIST SP 983; 61 p. August 1992.Collected Publications Related to the Use of Elevators During Fires. NIST SP 983. May 2002, Bukowski, R. W.; Burgess, S. R.; Reneke, P. A., Editor(s)(s), 2002.
Groner, N. E.; Levin, B. M.
- Office Building Fire Research Program: An Engineering Based Approach to Fire Safety Design.
Fire and Materials '98 International Conference, 5th. Proceedings. Interscience Communications Ltd. February 23-24, 1998, San Antonio, TX, Interscience Communications Ltd., London, England, 23-33 pp, 1998.
- Performance-Based Codes: Economics, Documentation, and Design.
NIST GCR 98-752; 203 p. July 1998.
Averill, J. D.
- Staging Areas for Persons With Mobility Limitations.
NISTIR 4770; NIST SP 983; 186 p. February 1992.Collected Publications Related to the Use of Elevators During Fires. NIST SP 983. May 2002, Bukowski, R. W.; Burgess, S. R.; Reneke, P. A., Editor(s)(s), 2002.
Klote, J. H.; Nelson, H. E.; Deal, S.; Levin, B. M.
- Survey of Fuel Loads in Contemporary Office Buildings.
NIST GCR 96-697; 32 p. September 1996.
Caro, T. C.; Milke, J. A.
Building and Fire Research Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Gaithersburg, MD 20899