- Taming Chaotic Dynamics With Weak Periodic Perturbations: An Elucidation and Critique.
Nanotechnology, Vol. 13, No. 2, 153-156, April 2002.
Abbadi, Z.; Simiu, E.
- Task Committee A-K Reports and New T/C on Seismic Information Systems. Appendix.
NIST SP 931; August 1998.U.S./Japan Natural Resources Development Program (UJNR). Wind and Seismic Effects. Joint Meeting of the U.S./Japan Cooperative Program in Natural Resources Panel on Wind and Seismic Effects, 30th. May 12-15, 1998, Gaithersburg, MD, Raufaste, N. J., Jr., Editor(s), 531-560 pp, 1998.
- Techniques for Treating Uncertainty and Risk in the Economic Evaluation of Building Investments.
NIST SP 757; 97 p. September 1988.
Marshall, H. E.
- Temperature Effects on Fatigue of Polymer Composites.
Composites Engineering, 7th Annual International Conference. ICCE/7. Proceedings. Sponsored and Organized for Composites Engineering and College of Engineering, University of New Orleans. July 2-8, 2000, Denver, CO, Hui, D., Editor(s), 861-862 pp, 2000.
Tang, H. C.; Nguyen, T.; Chuang, T. J.; Chin, J. W.; Wu, H. F.; Lesko, J.
- Ten Observations From Experiments to Quantify Water Movement and Porosity Percolation in Hydrating Cement Pastes.
Transport Properties and Concrete Quality Workshop. Materials Science of Concrete Special Volume. Proceedings. October 10-12, 2005, Tempe, AZ, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., NY, Mobasher, B.; Skalny, J., Editor(s)(s), 3-18 pp, 2005.
Bentz, D. P.
- Tensile and Nondestructive Testing of FRP Bars.
Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol. 2, No. 1, 17-27, February 1998.
Castro, P. F.; Carino, N. J.
- Ternary Zeotropic Mixture With CO2 Component for R-22 Heat Pump Application.
CLIMA 2000 Conference, Proceedings. August 30-September 2, 1997, Brussels, Belgium, 1-9 pp, 1997.
Maczek, K.; Muller, J.; Wojtas, K.; Domanski, P. A.
- Terrain Aided Localization of Autonomous Vehicles.
NIST SP 989; September 2002.International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, 19th (ISARC). Proceedings. National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland. September 23-25, 2002, 511-518 pp, 2002.
- Testing and Modeling of Fresh Concrete Rheology.
NISTIR 6094; 69 p. February 1998.
Ferraris, C. F.; deLarrard, F.
- Testing Conformance and Interoperability of BACnet Building Automation Products.
CIBSE/ASHRAE Joint National Conference. September 28-October 1, 1996, Harrogate, UK, 1-7 pp, 1996.
Bushby, S. T.
- Testing of Selected Self-Leveling Compounds for Floors.
NISTIR 5633; 33 p. January 1995.
Ferraris, C. F.
- Testing of Thermal Insulators.
NIST SP 958; January 2001.Century of Excellence in Measurements, Standards, and Technology; A Chronicle of Selected Publications of NBS/NIST, 1901-2000. NIST SP 958, Lide, D. R., Editor(s), 10-13 pp, 2001.
Zarr, R. R.
- Test Procedure Development for Residential Dishwashers.
International Appliance Technical Conference, 50th Annual. Proceedings. Held in Cooperation With Purdue University. May 10-12, 1999, West Lafayette, IN, 320-331 pp, 1999.Appliance Engineer, Vol. 56, No. 8, 70-76, August 1999.
Castro, N. S.
- Test Procedures for Advanced Insulation Panels.
Alliance for Responsible Atmospheric Policy; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency; Environment Canada and United National Environmental Program. International CFC and Halon Alternatives Conference, 1994. Stratospheric Ozone Protection for the 90's. October 24-26, 1994, Washington, DC, 1994 AND National Institute of Building Sciences/Building Environment and Thermal Envelope Council. Super Insulations and the Building Envelope. Proceedings. November 14, 1995, Washington, DC, 149-161 pp, 1995, 1994.
Fanney, A. H.; Saunders, C. A.; Hill, S. D.
- Test Requirements for Base Isolation.
U.S./Japan Cooperative Program in Natural Resources. Panel on Wind and Seismic Effects. Joint Meeting, 27th. Proceedings. Public Works Research Institute Technical Memorandum 3387. May 16-19, 1995, Tsukuma, Japan, 81-87 pp, 1995.
Shenton, H. W., III; Taylor, A. W.; Lew, H. S.
- Theoretical Evaluation of the Vapor Compression Cycle With a Liquid-Line/Suction-Line Heat Exchanger, Economizer, and Ejector.
NISTIR 5606; 37 p. March 1995.
Domanski, P. A.
- Theoretical Predictions for the Mechanical Response of a Model Quartz Crystal Microbalance to Two Viscoelastic Media: A Thin Sample layer and Surrounding Bath Medium.
Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 3, No. 24, 11192-11206, December 22, 1999.
White, C. C.; Schrag, J. L.
- Thermal Lattice-Boltzmann Models (TLBM) for Compressible Flows.
Discrete Simulation of Fluids, 7th International Conference. Proceedings. July 14-18, 1998, Oxford, England, 1998.International Journal of Modern Physics C, Vol. 9, No. 8, 1247-1261, 1998.
Vahala, G.; Pavlo, P.; Vahala, L.; Martys, N. S.
- Thermal Modeling of Multiple-Line-Heat-Source Guarded Hot Plate Apparatus.
Insulation Materials: Testing and Applications, 4th Volume. ASTM STP 1426. 2002, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA, Desjarlais, A. O.; Zarr, R. R., Editor(s)(s), 79-97 pp, 2002.
Healy, W. M.; Flynn, D. R.
- Thermal Performance of Fire Resistive Materials III. Fire Test on a Bare Steel Column.
NISTIR 7576; 83 p. April 2009.
Bentz, D. P.; Hanssen, L. M.; Wilthan, B.
- Thermal Performance of Residential Electric Water Heaters Subjected to Various Off-Peak Schedules.
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME); Japan Solar Energy Society (JSES); and Korean Solar Energy Society (KSES). International Solar Energy Conference, 1992. Volume 2. April 5-9, 1992, Maui, HI, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY, Stine, W.; Kreider, J.; Watanabe, K., Editor(s)(s), 1221-1230 pp, 1992.Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Vol. 118, 73-80, May 1996.
Fanney, A. H.; Dougherty, B. P.
- Thermal Performance of Residential Electric Water Heaters Using Alternative Blowing Agents.
ASHRAE Transactions 2000, Vol. 106, No. 2, 1-13, July 2000.
Fanney, A. H.; Zarr, R. R.; Ketay-Paprocki, J. D.
- Thermodynamic and Heat Transfer Implications of Working Fluid Mixtures in Rankine Cycles.
International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, Vol. 10, No. 2, 90-102, June 1989.
- Thermophysical Property Need for the Environmentally-Acceptable Halocarbon Refrigerants.
Thermophysical Properties, 10th Symposium. Proceedings. June 20-23, 1988, Gaithersburg, MD, 1988.
McLinden, M. O.; Didion, D. A.
- Third International Green Building Conference and Exposition, 1996.
NIST SP 908; 225 p. November 1996.U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Green Building Conference and Exposition, 3rd International. Proceedings. November 17-19, 1996, San Diego, CA, Fanney, A. H.; Svincek, P. R., Editor(s)(s), 1996.
Fanney, A. H.; Svincek, P. R.
- Three-Dimensional Cement Hydration and Microstructure Program. I. Hydration Rate, Heat of Hydration, and Chemical Shrinkage.
NISTIR 5756; 54 p. November 1995.
Bentz, D. P.
- Three-Dimensional Computer Simulation of Portland Cement Hydration and Microstructure Development.
Journal of the American Ceramic Society, Vol. 80, No. 1, 3-21, 1997.
Bentz, D. P.
- Three-Dimensional Mathematical Analysis of Particle Shape Using X-Ray Tomography And Spherical Harmonics: Application To Aggregates Used In Concrete.
Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 32, No. 10, 1621-1638, October 2002.
Garboczi, E. J.
- Three-Dimensional Shape Analysis of Coarse Aggregates: New Techniques for and Preliminary Results on Several Different Coarse Aggregates and Reference Rocks.
Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 36, No. 9, 1619-1627, September 2006.
Erdogan, S. T.; Quiroga, P. N.; Fowler, D. W.; Saleh, H. A.; Livingston, R. A.; Garboczi, E. J.; Ketcham, P. M.; Hagedorn, J. G.; Satterfield, S. G.
- Three-Phase Model of the Elastic and Shrinkage Properties of Mortar.
Advanced Cement Based Materials, Vol. 4, 6-20, March 1996.
Neubauer, C. M.; Jennings, H. M.; Garboczi, E. J.
- Time-Dependent Diffusivities: Possible Misinterpretation Due to Spatial Dependence.
Testing and Modeling the Chloride Ingress Into Concrete. Proceedings. 2nd International RILEM Workshop. September 11-12, 2000, Paris, France, 225-233 pp, 2000.
Bentz, D. P.; Feng, X.; Hooton, R. D.
- Time-Dependent Wind Effects: Database-Assisted Design and Estimation of Ultimate Limit States for Rigid and Flexible Structures.
Structural Dynamics, 5th European Conference. EURODYN2002. Proceedings. Septemer 2-5, 2002, Munich, Germany, 441-443 pp, 2002.
Sadek, F.; Simiu, E.; Jong, S.; Lu, L. W.
- Tool for Modeling Airflow and Contaminant Transport.
ASHRAE Journal, Vol. 43, No. 3, 35-42, March 2001.
Dols, W. S.
- Tool to Improve Efficiency in Large Scale Manufacturing.
NIST SP 989; September 2002.International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, 205-210SARC). Proceedings. National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland. September 23-25, 2002, 197-202 pp, 2002.
Bostelman, R.; Shackleford, W.; Proctor, F.; Albus, J.; Lytle, A. M.
- Tornado Aftermath: Questioning the Tools.
ASCE Civil Engineering Magazine, 1A-6A, December 1998.
Phan, L. T.; Simiu, E.
- Toward Next-Generation Construction Machines.
American Nuclear Society. Proceedings. March 4-8, 2001, Seattle, WA, 2001.
Bostelman, R.; Albus, J.; Stone, W. C.
- Toward Open Network Data-Exchange Protocols for Construction Metrology and Automation: Liveview.
Automation and Robotics in Construction, 16th IAARC/IFAC/IEEE International Symposium. ISARC'99. Proceedings. September 22-24, 1999, Madrid, Spain, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M), Spain, Balaguer, C., Editor(s), 117-122 pp, 1999.
Pfeffer, L. E.; Latimer, D. T., IV
- Towards a Global Agenda for Fire Research.
Technical Basis for Performance Based Fire Regulations. A Discussion of Capabilities, Needs and Benefits of Fire Safety Engineering. United Engineering Foundation Conference. Proceedings. United Engineering Foundation, Inc. January 7-11, 2001, San Diego, CA, United Engineering Foundation, Inc., New York, NY, Cox, G., Editor(s), 11-19 pp, 2001.
Snell, J. E.
- Towards a Methodology for the Characterization of Fire Resistive Materials With Respect to Thermal Performance Models.
Fire and Materials, Vol. 30, No. 4, 311-321, July/August 2006.
Bentz, D. P.; Prasad, K. R.; Yang, J. C.
- Towards Engineered Fire Safety: A Global Research Strategy for the 21st Century.
Fire Research Development and Application in the 21st Century. FORUM 2000 Symposium. Organized by Architectural and Building Research Institute (ABRI), MOI, and FORUM for International Cooperation in Fire Research. Proceedings. October 23-24, 2000, Taipei, Taiwan, 1-23 pp, 2000.
Snell, J. E.
- Towards Prediction of Building Service Life: The Standards Imperative.
Durability of Building Materials and Components. International Conference, 7th. Chapter 147. Volume 2. Testing, Design and Standardization. Proceedings. May 19-23, 1996, Stockholm, Sweden, E. & F. N. Spon, New York, Sjostrom, C., Editor(s), 1417-1428 pp, 1996.
Frohnsdorff, G. J. C.; Martin, J. W.
- Towards the Ultimate Construction Site Sensor.
NIST SP 989; September 2002.International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, 19th (ISARC). Proceedings. National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland. September 23-25, 2002, 393-400 pp, 2002.
Stone, W. C.; Juberts, M.
- Toxicity of Smoke During Chair Smoldering Tests and Small Scale Tests Using the Same Materials.
Fundamental and Applied Toxicology, Vol. 3, No. 6, 619-626, 1983.
Alarie, Y. C.; Stock, M. F.; Matijak-Schaper, M.; Birky, M. M.
- Transient Analysis of VOC Concentrations for Estimating Emission Rates.
Indoor Air 2002, 9th International Conference on Indoor Air Quality and Climate. Proceedings. Volume 2. June 30-July 5, 2002, Monterey, CA, 189-194 pp, 2002.
Persily, A. K.; Howard-Reed, C.; Nabinger, S. J.
- Transitions to Chaos Induced by Additive and Multiplicative Noise.
Towards the Harnessing of Chaos, Elsevier Science B.V., NY, Yamaguti, M., Editor(s), 405-408 pp, 1994.
Simiu, E.; Frey, M. R.
- Transport in Sandstone: A Study Based on Three Dimensional Microtomography.
Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 23, No. 7, 705-708, April 1, 1996.
Auzerais, F. M.; Dunsmuir, J.; Ferreol, B. B.; Martys, N. S.; Olson, J.; Ramakrishnan, T. S.; Rothman, D. H.; Schwartz, L. M.
- Transport Properties and Durability of Concrete: Literature Review and Research Plan.
NISTIR 6395; 46 p. September 1999.
Bentz, D. P.; Clifton, J. R.; Ferraris, C. F.; Garboczi, E. J.
- Tribute to James R. Clifton (1933-1999).
NISTIR 6327; May 1999.Modelling Service Life and Life-Cycle Cost of Steel-Reinforced Concrete. Report From the NIST/ACI/ASTM Workshop Held in Gaithersburg, MD. Proceedings. November 9-10, 1998, ix-x pp, 1999.
Frohnsdorff, G. J. C.
- Tsunami and Storm Surge Characteristics Based on Long-Term Tide Observations.
NIST SP 931; August 1998.U.S./Japan Natural Resources Development Program (UJNR). Wind and Seismic Effects. Joint Meeting of the U.S./Japan Cooperative Program in Natural Resources Panel on Wind and Seismic Effects, 30th. May 12-15, 1998, Gaithersburg, MD, Raufaste, N. J., Jr., Editor(s), 23-32 pp, 1998.
Nagai, T.; Sugahara, K.; Watanabe, H.; Kawaguchi, K.; Mihara, M.; Takashima, K.
- Two New Canadian Test Methods for Measuring the Flammability of Fabrics.
Canadian Textile Journal, Vol. 80, 41-51, September 27, 1963.
Richards, H. R.
- Two Refrigerant Mixtures and the Hard Sphere Fluid.
HI-85-18 No. 3;ASHRAE Technical Data Bulletin 54 AND ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 91, No. 2B, June 1985.
Morrison, G.; McLinden, M.
- Tying Together Theory and Tests via Virtual Testing.
Stone, Sand and Gravel Review, 10-11, January/February 2006.
Garboczi, E. J.
- Typical Manufacturing Flaws in FRP Retrofit Applications.
NISTIR 6288; February 1999.NIST Workshop on Standards Development for the Use of Fiber Reinforced Polymers for the Rehabilitation of Concrete and Masonry Structures. Proceedings. January 7-8, 1998, Tucson, AZ, Duthinh, D., Editor(s), 3/97-101 pp, 1999.
Hawkins, G. F.; Johnson, E.; Nokes, J.
Building and Fire Research Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Gaithersburg, MD 20899